Rwandan Hand-woven Baskets
Buy a basket; Change a life! Perfect as a fruit bowl or a display piece, our beautiful intricately woven baskets come from Rwanda and are created by talented local artisans. Craftswomen in Rwanda use timeless tradition to weave carefully dyed sisal fibers and sweet grass to make stunning one of a kind pieces rich in cultural meaning and purpose. These baskets carry their own symbolism in Rwanda. Because friends give them to celebrate major life events such as weddings, births and graduations, baskets are proudly displayed as symbols of wealth of friends, family and life.
Also in this collection, our Rwandan Peace baskets.
Available in two sizes -
Details & Dimensions:
· Approximately 3” tall and 12” wide (LARGE)
· Approximately 3” tall and 10” wide (MEDIUM)
· Made in Rwanda
· Product is made from all natural fibers of sisal and sweet grass
· Organic dyes are used to dye the sisal
· Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
· Basket has a hang loop on the back for wall décor
· Safe to use with food
Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge or wash with water.
If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe the basket clean.